Madison Gross was crowned 2019 SCMS homecoming queen prior to Thursday night's game against Bledsoe County. She is pictured above with her escort, Luke Price. The Bulldogs defeated the Warriors, 38-0.
State Sen. Ken Yager, standing right, held a town hall at the Clyde W. Roddy Library in Dayton on Thursday evening. Yager was able to discuss legislative issues as well as hear from local constituents.
Descendants of John Q. (1833-1903) and Elmira Jane (1841-1909) Shaver met recently for a weekend of reunion activities which culminated with a picnic lunch on Sunday, July 28, at New Union Church.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation [TDOT] recently provided an update to the road construction in Dayton on Highway 30. TDOT Community Relations Officer Jennifer Flynn said project continues to progress but could take upwards of three months to complete.
Bryan College 2017 graduate and former men’s soccer standout Stephen Ricketts is making his return to campus for the 2019-20 school year as assistant coach to the men’s soccer program in addition to his other new role as Long Hall’s resident director.
RC3 to host basketball camp
Dayton City’s Ethan Davis breaks free for a touchdown as Rex Pendergrass escorts him into the endzone during the Sweatbees’ 54-0 triumph over Sale Creek Thursday night.
It seems like every day some well-known Christian is in the news for renouncing his/her faith. A recent example is a songwriter who declared that he is no longer a Christian but “is going with what is true to me right now.” Some of us will recall the lie the serpent told Eve: “…you will be l…
The Southeast Tennessee Human Resource Agency (SETHRA) will be distributing USDA commodities to eligible Rhea County residents on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Army National Guard Armory, located on Manufacturers Road in Dayton.
- Impactful change: Logan Wilson morphs into enforcer for Wyoming's defense
- Texas A&M: Traffic plans in place for Thursday night football opener
- Mizzou chat: Dave Matter talks to subscribers live at noon
- Meet the P-D's new Mizzou campus correspondent
- Freshman wideout Maurice Massey catching on quickly for Mizzou
- Strength and depth of Husker WR room could depend on group of incumbent in-betweens
- Brad Pitt's OUATIA secret
- Tom Oates: If NCAA clears him to play, WR Quintez Cephus could give Badgers' offense a big boost
- Highway 30 repairs may take three more months
- City to apply for $1.5M park grant
- Shaver family holds reunion, awards scholarships
- Eagle Stadium Football Gameday Traffic Information
- Rhea County History From W.G. Allen
- Billy Joe Bishop (53)
- Rhea anglers reflect on trip to National Championship
- Rhea man facing child rape indictment
- Timothy Richard Trail (67)
- Tommy Ray Rivers (60)
The Trump administration has rolled back major environmental regulations, but critics say the policies could harm the health of many Americans. Learn more about the impacts of Trump's deregulation on the CNN Special Report "A Toxic Tale: Trump's Environmental Impact," airing Friday, August 2…