The Care Center held its annual Walk for Life on Saturday and raised nearly $51,000, according to director Lisanne Boling. Boling said it was a record-breaking year for the annual event.
Rhea County and Dayton received a $25,000 grant from the Boyd Foundation on Thursday to construct a dog park at the city’s swinging bridge park near the farmer’s market.
The Care Center will be holding its annual Walk for Life on Saturday, Sept. 14.Officials said the event serves as the second largest fundraiser for The Care Center.
The Rhea County Sheriff’s Department issued numerous citations and made arrests over the Labor Day weekend, funded in part through grants from the Tennessee Highway Safety Office.
Dayton City overcomes 10-point fourth quarter deficit
Bryan’s Caraballo Makes All-Tournament Team
Rhea County (3-0) is back in Region 4-5A action this Friday night against Lenoir City after last week’s open date. The Panthers will roll into town as the Golden Eagles are set to celebrate Homecoming 2019.
The world of “yesterday” did not have a convenience store on every corner, nor a super grocery store, or even a fast food restaurant! Today, most people take these places for granted and only shop for the present, whereas our ancestors had to obtain supplies to last until their next trip to …
As friendships often do, my friendship with Shirley and Roy Milligan began in the most unlikely of ways. Roy grew up in Morgantown, and some of you that have been around a while like me will remember the old Milligan homeplace over on what we used to call “The Branch.” And ever since that fi…
Around the Town
- Tom Oates: Defense's big-play capabilities key to Packers' early season success
- 'This is really special for me' — Scott Frost and his father inducted into Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame
- Ex-Huskers in the NFL, 9/22
- Three-and-whoa: Packers defense leads way to 27-16 victory over Broncos
- No satisfaction: While appreciating defensive help, Aaron Rodgers knows he must do more for Packers
- On short week, Aaron Rodgers thankful Packers line kept his jersey ‘the cleanest’ it’s ever looked
- Tom Oates: Grading Packers' performance in win over Broncos
- Badgers land 6-foot-8 offensive line recruit Riley Mahlman
- Businesses of Rhea Springs
- Panthers to visit Golden Eagles Friday night on Homecoming
- Ethan Duane Hall (21)
- Jo Ann Powell (80)
- Robbie Lee Janow (83)
- Rivalry Week: Dayton City vs Spring City
- Columbus “Mac” Beasley (67)
- RCHS JROTC Raider Teams compete at Clarkrange
- From the Kitchen of Brad Harris
- How Richard Green Waterhouse Relates