Early voting is underway in the presidential primary and county primary elections, and according to election officials, 127 people cast their ballots so far as of press time Friday.
The Tennessee Strawberry Festival Committee has released this year’s full schedule of events and announced the theme of “2020: A Berry Bright Future.”
The Rhea Heritage Preservation Foundation is proud to present a night of dancing, music, food, drinks and a roaring good time. Step back in time and enjoy all the jazzy, flapping, excitement of the 1920s.
The Dayton Rotary Club will be hosting the 2019 Daddy/Daughter Dance on Saturday, Feb. 29, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Rhea Central Elementary School gymnasium.
RCHS students surprise friend with unimaginable gift
Mikinna Quick became the most recent Rhea County High School (RCHS) Lady Eagle soccer player to sign a college scholarship, as she inked her national letter of intent Wednesday morning in the commons area at RCHS, to play for the Tennessee Wesleyan University (TWU) Lady Bulldogs.
The Dayton City School (DCS) Sweatbee basketball team won the Tennessee Middle School Athletic Association (TMSAA) Area Three AA Basketball Tournament, as the Sweatbees defeated the Sweetwater Middle School Wildcats 45-40 in the championship game on Thursday, Jan. 30.
As we reflect on Black History during the month of February, we can find many citizens of Rhea County who deserve to be mentioned for their lifestyles and accomplishments. One of these persons happens to be a man by the name of Nathan Caldwell. According to a 1994 article written in The Knox…
A year ago, I would have never seen myself earning the title of 2019 Miss Spring City. It has been a long road, but being Miss Spring City has taught me a lot and I wouldn’t want to change a thing.
What do pork and beans, sausage, carrots, sauerkraut, tomato soup, and mayonnaise all have in common? Why, they are all used in cakes of course! I have always been intrigued by cakes with unusual ingredients such as these, and today I have a very good one for you! It is the German Chocolate …
- Nathan Caldwell: Southern Railway’s Master Chef
- Madisson Jordan bids farewell as 2019 Miss Spring City
- A Good Mix
- Around the Town
- Auburn basketball: Okoro could return vs. UT, but he won’t solve Tigers' 3-point shooting woes
- Pitcher Josh Lindblom set to make Brewers debut in Saturday's spring opener
- 1960 Studebaker Champ still turns heads
- Mark Edwards: Tide gives us more ho-hum basketball
- The Dotys: A St. Valentine’s Day love story
- Four Seasons Garden Club learn about Rhea County Greenway Project at February meeting
- Wayne Corder (61)
- James Carroll Thurman Sr. (88)
- Lisa June Lasley (54)
- Remembering Valentine’s Day
- Donald Lee Cooley (93)
- Strawberry Festival schedule released
- Estelle Harris Hester (93)
- Joe “Bo” Lee Woody (80)
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Nearly 40,000 Africanized bees shut down a California block and sent five people to the hospital. They're known to be an aggressive species that can be deadly to humans.