The 2019 statewide muzzleloader/archery season for deer opens in Tennessee on Saturday, Nov. 9 and continues through Friday, Nov. 22 in all of Tennessee’s deer hunting units, according to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. The opening of muzzleloader season in the state has a permanent…
Next month The Herald-News, as well as people all across the nation, will join together in honor and celebration of our veterans — the men and women who have pledged to keep this nation free.
Santek Waste Services, operators of the Rhea County landfill, recently donated $10,000 to the construction of the Frazier Fire Hall No. 2. Santek officials are pictured above with county officials and Rhea County Executive George Thacker.
The Rhea -Dayton Retired Teachers Association [RDRTA] are selling $1 raffle tickets for a Rhea County High School throw blanket. The winner be given the blanket at the Rhea-Marion County football game on Friday, Nov. 1. Tickets will be on sale at that game, or call Maxine Vincent, pictured a…
Like an overtime thriller, game seven of the finals and your favorite player’s career, all good things must eventually come to an end. And today, my time at The Herald News has hit triple zeroes.
The 2020 Rhea County High School Golden Eagle baseball team is hosting its annual boston butt sale. The Eagle Dugout club will be cooking whole, seasoned and smoked boston butts for $40 each with proceeds to benefit the baseball team.
Tori Mitchell and the Rhea County Lady Eagles defeated White County on Saturday, 6-0. The win sets up a rematch with the Soddy-Daisy Lady Trojans on Tuesday, Oct. 15 at SDHS with kickoff slated for 7 p.m. Rhea's ladies defeated Soddy 5-2 earlier this season in Evensville.
Harry T. Morgan, ninth child of George Washington Morgan and Mary Alice Boyd Morgan, was born on January 17, 1922 at his family’s farm in Rhea County. When Harry was only ten years old, his father, a farmer and Deputy Sheriff, passed away and Harry’s mother sold areas of the family farm as c…
It is always fun for me to see how a week’s column will take shape and come together. This week is no exception. First of all Billie Doty brings back from Virginia a wonderful old Mincemeat recipe, remembering that a couple of weeks ago someone was asking about Gwen Potter’s recipe. I would …
Around the Town
- U.S. Supreme Court hears oral arguments in challenge to DACA
- Badgers film room: Pulls and patience help Jonathan Taylor, offensive line get in sync, throttle Iowa
- Behind Missouri's QB carousel in Georgia, and who and what to expect next
- Cornerback set for official visit, more junior college offers going out
- Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor has Nebraska's full attention
- For a Husker team sick of beating itself, Wisconsin provides motivation
- Schofield's Week 11 Trubisky Take: A tale of two 7 routes
- PFW's Week 11 power rankings
- Woman sues Graysville police chief, city for $3M
- Terri Burchard Phillips (52)
- TEST DRIVE: 2020 Kia Telluride SX V6 AWD – made for adventures
- Ronald Lee “Ronnie” Raper (74)
- Rhea County Eagles dismantle Warriors, set school record
- Betty Jo Morrow Cook (80)
- Robert Lee Jones (70)
- Harlon Steve Elrod (60)
- James F. “Jim” McMillon Sr. (70)
- Harry Taylor Morgan