Columbus “Mac” Beasley, 67, of Dayton, passed away Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019.
Robert “Bob” Allen Oiler Sr., 66, of Dayton, passed away early Tuesday morning, Sept. 3, 2019, at Rhea Medical Center in Dayton. He was born on Sept. 5, 1952, in Huntington, W.V., the son of the late Leo and Sadie McClelland Oiler.
Eugene “Gene” Thompson, 89, of Spring City, died Friday, Aug. 30, 2019, at Spring City Care and Rehabilitation Center. A native of Rhea County, Gene was the son of the late Oscar and Parthinia Cox Thompson. He was a longtime employee of Roane Electric. When his health permitted, Gene attende…
Norman Ray Everett, a lifelong resident of the Sale Creek community, died peacefully at home surrounded by his beloved family at the age of 76, Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2019. Norman served honorably in the U.S. Navy as an aircraft mechanic. He later retired from Dupont of Chattanooga. For many ye…
- Former Green Oaks, LSU star Tre'Davious White gets two interceptions vs. Bengals
- Husker Extra rewind: Statistical domination, nearly compromised by errors, sets up major challenge vs. OSU
- Tom Oates: Defense's big-play capabilities key to Packers' early season success
- Three-and-whoa: Packers defense leads way to 27-16 victory over Broncos
- Montana State uses running back depth against Norfolk State
- Hub Arkush: Monday night in Washington not a must win for Bears
- Miller's Time? Bears need it to be right now
- On short week, Aaron Rodgers thankful Packers line kept his jersey ‘the cleanest’ it’s ever looked
- Businesses of Rhea Springs
- Panthers to visit Golden Eagles Friday night on Homecoming
- Ethan Duane Hall (21)
- Jo Ann Powell (80)
- Robbie Lee Janow (83)
- Rivalry Week: Dayton City vs Spring City
- Columbus “Mac” Beasley (67)
- From the Kitchen of Brad Harris
- RCHS JROTC Raider Teams compete at Clarkrange
- James Wallace Nunley (71)
Philip Tully Hodge ended his life journey Friday Aug. 23, 2019, while on expedition in Nuuk, Greenland. He was a longtime resident of Spring City. He is survived by his wife, Marjorie; children, Jason Daniel Kubelick, of Spring City, Lisa Marie Kubelick (Anthony Essex), of Dayton, and Eli Ni…
Geraldean Lema “Sis” Woody, 84, of Dayton, passed away late Saturday evening, Aug. 24, 2019 at Memorial Northpark in Chattanooga, Tenn. She was born on Oct. 16, 1934, in Rhea County, the daughter of the late Andrew and Sarah Profitt Stinnett. Geraldean was also preceded in death by her husba…
Naomi Elizabeth Bowman, 94, of Dayton, passed away Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 14, 2019, at her home in Dayton. She was born on Jan. 30, 1925, in Dunlap, Tenn., the daughter of the late James Purser Hixson and Allie Hixson Hixson. Naomi was also preceded in death by her husband, Roger O. Bowma…
Thomas Aaron Crawley, 90, of Sale Creek, Tenn., passed away peacefully early Saturday morning, Aug. 10, 2019, at CHI Memorial Hospital in Hixson, Tenn., after a brief illness. He was a member of Dayton First Baptist Church.
Elizabeth Bell Gadd, 88, of the Brayton community on Graysville Mountain, passed away Sunday morning, Aug. 11, 2019, at her home. She was born on Nov. 3, 1930, in Washington, D.C., the daughter of the late Carl and Eleanor Bennett Pumphrey. Elizabeth was also preceded in death by her son, Je…
Wilma LaNelle “Nell” Dunn, 93, of Graysville, passed away Thursday morning, Aug. 8, 2019, at her home in Graysville. She was born on Nov. 4, 1925, in Palm Beach County, Fla., the daughter of the late Rufus Barton and Columbia Ann Morris Griffin. Nell was also preceded in death by her husband…
Stephen Thomas Greer, 70, prominent attorney, devoted father and spouse, and lifelong resident of Dunlap, Tenn., passed away on Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019, at Erlanger Hospital. Greer was born on Sept. 9, 1948. He was the son of Lota Applewhite Greer and the late Judge Arthur Thomas Greer Jr. Gre…
Elsie Louise Ritchey, 89, of Dayton, passed away at her home on Monday, Aug. 5, 2019. She was a lifelong resident of Rhea County and a member of Mountain View United Methodist Church.
Larry Edward Hallums, 70, of Spring City, passed away on Sunday, July 28, 2019, at Parkwest Medical Center in Knoxville, Tenn., following a long and courageous battle with cancer. He was born March 31, 1949, a Lebanon, Tenn., native. Larry was a member of Spring City United Methodist Church.