When I moved here from Michigan many moons ago, I quickly learned I was the odd man out. I will admit, I didn’t try very hard to fit in my first few days of school. I was resentful and hurt, I missed my friends, and I couldn’t believe I was being forced to start my life (all 11 years of it) …
It’s been six weeks since my mom passed away. Typing that sentence blows my mind. Six weeks have passed since I got the phone call at work that mom had “coded” at the skilled care facility in which she had resided since November of 2017. Sometimes it seems like it just happened yesterday, an…
Our lives have revolved around driving recently. Thing 2 has been anticipating September 2015 for 13 years now, ever since he first climbed inside a plastic Fisher Price car. This entire summer has been a battle of wits and a physical test to see “who gets the car keys first” each time we he…
When I was a junior in high school, I lost a friend in a car accident. She was a senior, a beautiful little blonde who moved here from Atlanta and captivated everyone’s hearts. Her name was Jeannie. She was a ballerina. She had big, doe-like eyes and was full of life, easily one of the happi…
Today, I am a wreck. I am officially a train wreck. I am a bundle of nerves, I have been sick to my stomach, I’m cranky, I’m anxious, I’m antsy and I’ve had a barrel of caffeine. One of these alone is bad enough, and the lethal combination of two or more of these has made me a train wreck today.
Sitting down to write a Mother’s Day “Laugh Lines” article this year is not only a pleasure, it is also a blessing and absolute gift. Three months ago, I didn’t think there would be a Mother’s Day 2015 article like this.
- Wisconsin Badgers' game against Northwestern moved from Wrigley Field
- USDA: Error rate in national food stamp program increases in 2019
- Kanye West in 2020? Trump says it would be ‘a great trial run'
- Analysis: Red states have better taxpayer return on investment
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- A Company Commits to Garage Door Repairs During COVID-19
- One Family Helps Others to Get Great Deals on Their Homes
- Pritzker calls for national face-covering requirements
- BRYAN COLLEGE COACH ENTERS HOF
- PICKLEBALL COURTS OFFICIALLY OPEN IN DAYTON
- RHEA'S CURTIS ACCEPTS MCMINN CENTRAL JOB
- LOCAL ANGLERS NET SUCCESS IN RECENT TOURNEYS
- Margaret “JoAnn” Coulter (91)
- Rhea Co. schools announce registration dates
- Charles Allen Gross Sr.
- Brewers to open shortened season against Cubs at Wrigley Field
- James Edward “Duck” Beach (68)
- LOCAL SPORTS ROUND-UP: JULY 5